British number plates have changed since the UK's withdrawal from the European Union. This doesn't require you to change your number plate but if your plate doesn't display a 'UK' wordmark, then you'll need to purchase and display a UK sticker on your vehicle. UK stickers replace GB stickers. You should remove any GB stickers from your vehicle as they are now invalid.
- Replaces old GB versions which are no longer legal from 28 September 2021
- Keeps you legal when driving in France and other EU countries
- Meets government guidelines for letter-size, font and sticker shape
From 28th September 2021, new national vehicle identifiers are being introduced. From this date, it will be illegal to display a GB sticker on the rear of your vehicle while in the EU.
You should display a UK sticker if your number plate has any of the following:
- a GB identifier with the Union flag (also known as the Union Jack)
- a Euro symbol
- a national flag of England, Scotland or Wales
- numbers and letters only - no flag or identifier
If your number plate includes the UK identifier with the Union flag (also known as the Union Jack), you do not need a UK sticker.
If you’re in Spain, Cyprus or Malta, you must display a UK sticker no matter what is on your number plate.
- Printed on high-quality gloss vinyl
- Dimensions - 220mm x 160mm.